Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising brings your fitness company to your audience in record time. But that is not the only advantage you will get.
This post highlights the top three reasons fitness companies should invest in PPC and provides the best tips to maximize each benefit.
3 Reasons Fitness PPC Campaigns Matter
The multibillion-dollar growth of the health and wellness industry tells you that a huge market is waiting. But the competition has also never been this fierce.
If you are looking for a significant competitive advantage, we strongly suggest doing PPC.
PPC is a form of digital marketing that allows you to promote your fitness business directly on the search engine results page (SERP) and specific channels. You only pay a fee when someone clicks on your ad and when they view it, making this one of the most cost-effective forms of advertising.
This marketing technique offers the following benefits:
1. It Delivers Targeted Leads
Generating targeted leads for your fitness company is cost-effective for many reasons, including:
- These prospects are already within the sales funnel. In other words, they are getting closer to purchasing or signing up for your programs.
- They help increase your conversion and return rates because each click now has the potential to create revenues.
- Targeted leads are also more likely to become long-term clients.
But how does PPC deliver these prospects? The answer lies in how PPC works.
When someone types a keyword on search engines, such as Google, the ad appears alongside the organic search results. It clearly communicates to your audience that your business is relevant and helpful. In fact, you have the solution to their problems and challenges!
Further, your ads appear only when your ideal audience uses your targeted keywords. For example, if you are running a gym in New York, you can use the keywords “exercise classes near me” or “yoga classes in Manhattan.”
PPC Tips to Attract Targeted Leads
According to Digital Authority Partners (DAP), you have several ways to exactly match your ads and keywords to your preferred audience:
- Consider creating a buyer’s persona. Picture your ideal as specifically as possible. What is their gender, age, location, interests, and income? What are their fitness barriers?
- Break down broad market segments. Build smaller groups for broad audiences to ensure your ads will resonate. For instance, if you target seniors, you can sort them into age brackets, such as 50 to 60, 61 to 70, and 71 or older.
- Pick keywords according to user intent. Your chosen key phrases or terms must reflect their buyer’s journey. For instance, the “benefits of hiring a personal trainer” is ideal for leads in the awareness stage. Meanwhile, “compare fitness programs” is best for those already considering options.
Overall, PPC can give you data-driven insights into where your leads come from and how to cater to their interests better. It helps you refine your other strategies and even identify new opportunities in the process.
2. PPC Provides You with More Control over Ad Performance
You are often at the mercy of external factors when doing other online marketing strategies. Take search engine optimization (SEO), for example.
You can perform best practices, but the results still depend on algorithm updates, ranking signals, crawlability, and indexability. Other marketers may even influence the outcome, such as whether they link back to you or not.
PPC has the edge over organic techniques in terms of control and flexibility. You can:
- Determine how much you would like to spend per ad, which means budgeting is easier and more reliable
- Set up your own campaign duration to decide how long you would like your ad to remain active.
- Choose the devices and platforms on which you wish to place your ads.
- Split test different copies, ad placements, call-to-actions, landing pages, and more for better performance.
- Alter ad settings when needed to improve its click-through rate (CTR) and cost per lead.
PPC Tips for Better Ad Performance
You can further maximize your PPC efforts with the following tips:
- Focus on a few keywords first and then gradually add more. Doing too much at once may lower your CTR and quality score.
- Set up specific campaigns for certain days, times, locations, and devices.
- Monitor PPC campaigns by regularly reviewing the reports in your dashboard
- Regularly tweak bids, budgets, and landing pages to improve performance.
- Test various ad formats, such as carousels and dynamic display ads.
- Stay up-to-date with the recent trends in PPC advertising, especially artificial intelligence (AI), media assets, and changes in dashboards and tools.
With these ideas, you can scale your fitness business while staying within your price range.
3. It Complements Other Online Marketing Strategies
Although PPC is a whole new arena, it synergizes well with other effective digital marketing techniques. You can even run them simultaneously:
- PPC supports SEO by boosting the visibility of your pages in the SERPs fast.
- PPC and content marketing work together by driving more traffic to your website, giving you more chances for conversions.
- Social media advertising becomes easier when using PPC features such as tracking, reporting, and optimization to refine the campaigns further.
- Email marketing can benefit from PPC campaigns by reminding potential customers why they should subscribe to your emails.
PPC Tips for a More Holistic Fitness Online Marketing Plan
- Unify the design of your ads and website to look consistent.
- Create cross-platform campaigns optimized for multiple devices.
- Make sure all platforms contain tracking codes to measure results better.
- Incorporate fresh content into your campaigns to keep up with the latest trends.
- Add visuals to ads and website pages to make them stand out more.
- Be creative in your ad copy to grab the attention of potential customers.
- Engage with customers through social media platforms for better lead generation.
- Optimize your landing pages to give customers a better experience.
These tips will help you create an effective online fitness marketing plan that covers all the bases.
Digging deeper into the world of PPC opens doors to new opportunities and gives your business a competitive advantage in your highly competitive industry. It also gives you the scalability that only a few digital marketing tactics can offer.
Even better, you can work with a PPC advertising agency specializing in your niche to make the most of these benefits. The team often has the experience, tools, and resources to implement the right strategies for maximum success.