Having a facial is usually an excellent experience, but not all facials are created equal.
There are various types of facials that can all benefit your skin, but if you want to take the opportunity for a medical-grade facial at a spa, here is what to expect.
A Different Type Of Service
A medical grade facial differs from an average facial in that it uses extractions and products unlike other facials. For example, extractions are performed in this type of facial more often than they might be during other types to remove blackheads and whiteheads. These are usually performed by licensed professionals, like the team at Dermani Med spa.
The use of products like peels and microdermabrasion on the skin is also different than with an average facial to help tighten pores and give the appearance of smoother skin.
The Benefits Of A Medical-Grade Facial
A medical-grade facial is not the same as a skincare treatment, but there are benefits that an average facial simply cannot deliver.
Some of these include improved texture and tone of your skin, reduced pore size, improved elasticity, and fewer signs of aging.
Other benefits include:
- You have fewer chances of breakouts, eczema, or acne as well because the use of different products in these more intense facials helps to prevent those problems.
- Your skin will look healthier and feel smoother all over, even after just one treatment, but you may need more than just one for full effects.
- If you did want to ‘top up’ with another facial for stress relief or somewhere, you will still get great results – but you won’t be doing it because your skin needs it.
- A medical-grade facial is cost-effective and can help you save money in the long run because you won’t use as much product, which can help save on your monthly expenses.
The Need For A Medical Grade Facial
It may not seem like this type of treatment would be necessary, but everyone’s skin is different, and some facials just don’t work for everyone. There are a few to think about when deciding on a facial if you want to go for the best results.
You can find out what type of facial is the best for you by following a few simple steps:
- Look at your skin and make some decisions about what you want it to be like in the future, such as healthier and tempered.
- Know what results you want to see now and, in the future.
- Determine what products work with your skin type and budget.
- Find out how often you will need these facials, if at all. Most people need them up to three times per year, less frequently than other facials because of how intense they are.
By opting for a medical-grade facial you are giving yourself the best chance of having excellent results. It will improve your skin in a way that you will like, and you don’t have to worry about it being too much for your skin.
If you are still not sure, just ask your doctor what they recommend or visit a spa and talk with them before any services are performed to be sure it is right for you.