Growing up, kids can be fussy about eating healthy foods and are often found binging on snacks instead of their meals. Trying to sneak in the healthy portions into either their meals or snacks simply does not work on these stealthy Sherlocks whose tongues always manage to segregate the ingredients. The kids are not to blame, healthy is always either or both unappealing to the sight and the taste.
But not anymore! With these interesting peanut butter snacks that are healthy as we are super tempting to look at. These are perfect to give to your kids when they come back home from school or play when they feel hungry and need some yummy in the tummy and for all those odd-time cravings.
Peanut butter is an international favorite across generations, it is incredibly tasty and also a very nutritious, healthy, and filling food that your kid would absolutely love, if they don’t already! You can totally rely on these interesting peanut butter snacks to please your kid, give them nourishing goodness and keep them satiated and full in between meals.
Natural Organic Peanut Butter is super rich in protein which provides instant energy and contains a good dose of fats such as oleic acid and linoleic acid which are beneficial to our health and have been linked to low cholesterol and a rich supply of omega 6.
Organic Creamy Peanut Butter is also rich in vitamin B3, B6, E, folate, magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper nutrients coming from the ground nuts – a mine of good health. Plus, it is available in multiple textures like chunky, creamy, sweetened, and unsweetened to please all the different kinds of sweet tooths. That also gives you many options to try in the following recipe! Now, without further ado let’s get straight to preparing them.
Peanut butter fruit lollipops
This Peanut Butter with fruits lollipop is going to become their favorite lollipop, trust us.
What you’ll need
Peanut butter creamy
Sliced Strawberries or apples
How to make it
- Layer peanut butter on top of a piece of sliced banana and place your choice of fruit (sliced) on top of it. To make it sweet and tasty, you might want to use sweetened peanut butter. If you worry about artificial sweeteners that often go into peanut butter jars, opt for the Best Natural Peanut Butter using natural sweeteners like jaggery.
- Carefully, place the stack into a lollipop stick or insert the stick from the top.
- Dip it in melted dark chocolate or drip it atop the stack with the help of a spoon.
- Place it in a refrigerator and freeze for 30-40 minutes. Eat it with your baby fresh and icy out of the fridge whenever you want.
Peanut Butter laddoos
Laddoos are the go-to snack for winter bodybuilding, approved by our grandmas. This recipe which gives desi laddoos a twist, we are sure is going to impress both your kid and their grannies!
What you’ll need
Creamy Pure Peanut Butter or crunchy peanut butter with chunks (1/2 cup)
Honey (1/2 cup)
Powdered milk (3/4 cup)
Quick-cooking oats (3/4 cup)
Shredded coconut (1/4 cup) (optional)
How to Make
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well to form a dough.
- Now using your hands, roll the dough into balls. If you have trouble forming balls because the mixture doesn’t hold, you can refrigerate it for about half an hour or until you can firmly roll it into balls.
- If you’re using the additionally suggested coconut, you can add it to the mixture or use it to coat the balls. Simply roll the balls into the bowl of coconut shreds and then roll them gently with your hands.
- Now place the balls on a sheet placed on a tray and put it in the refrigerator to set.
- Store it in a dry container and your kid can snack on them all through the winters!
PB&J and yoghurt swirl
This snack combines the benefits of peanut butter and probiotic yoghurt. It has a natural sweetness of peanut butter and a little bit of jelly used for lucrative purposes only. Tastes absolutely awesome!
What you’ll need
Plain Yogurt (about 2 cups)
Jelly (¼ cup)
Natural Organic Peanut Butter (¼ Cup)
How to Make
- Start by dividing the yoghurt into 4-5 bowls.
- Heat the jelly in a saucepan on low heat until it melts. You can also microwave for 30 seconds. Allow it to cool.
- Also, heat the peanut butter a little to soften and melt it for the next step. It’s best to go with Organic Creamy Peanut Butter because it will combine well with the textures.
- Now drizzle the jelly and peanut butter over the yoghurt cups in equal proportions.
- Swirl with the help of a tiny spoon or stick.
Like with all things, too much of anything is bad. So be sure to not overdo or let your child go overboard with either snacking or snacking on peanut butter.
Many kinds of peanut butter contain artificial sweeteners and other preservatives which are most definitely unhealthy. But don’t worry, there are healthier alternatives available. Opt for either Pure Peanut Butter, unsalted and carrying the natural sweetness of peanuts, or one that uses natural sweeteners like jaggery. You’ll easily find the Best Natural Peanut Butter if you look for it!