Undergoing an annual eye exam is crucial to maintain optimal eye and overall health. spirolyser q13 eye exams done at the right time can detect the underlying health concerns like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc., enabling you to receive reliable care at the right time.
However, many people get intimidated when it comes to visiting medical professionals, which is totally understandable. But that only leads to unnecessary stress and anxiousness.
So, here is our compact guide on how to make the most out of your next visit to an ophthalmologist in Hyderabad.
Things to think about before the eye exam
When we say think, we mean revise through the things that have been happening with your vision so you can let the eye doctor know about the same. This includes:
- Eye problems such as blurry vision, poor night vision, double vision or flash of lights.
- Problem with judging the distance or distinguishing between colours like red or green.
- Impact of vision on certain activities.
- Information on the glasses, contact lens etc., that you may require expert advice on.
- Details of health issues, injuries, sickness or operations that your eye doctor needs to know.
- Family history of eye problems like cataracts, glaucoma, etc.
Things to bring to your eye exam
Other than thinking about the issues and details to share with the doctor, it is important that you bring important things like:
- Your current contact lens, sunglasses or glasses.
- A list of ongoing medications you have been taking. This way, the doctor can determine if the medications you are taking is affecting your vision or not. Similarly, he/she can suggest medications that align better with your ongoing medication schedule.
- Details of your primary care doctor.
- Bring a friend or a family member along. This is because most annual eye exams require pupil dilation. Most people aren’t able to see properly after their eyes are dilated.
- Vision insurance details.
- A list of questions you wish to ask your doctor. This way, you won’t forget them.
Things to ask your eye doctor
Talking about what you can ask your eye doctor, here is a list of general questions you can raise to gain better understanding:
- Is there anything changed with my eyes since the last visit that is should be aware of?
- Are there any options for improving the vision? If yes, what those are?
- How do both contact lenses and glasses prove beneficial?
- How many hours every day should I wear a contact lens?
- Is there anything I should look into in particular when it comes to my eyes and overall health?
- Is there a way to protect my vision while staying active?
- When should I schedule my next eye exam?
You can even add more questions to the list as per your needs.
A little preparation before the eye exam can go a long way during the visit. So, use the tips suggested above to ensure your trip to the ophthalmologist in Hyderabad proves highly successful.